Refraction Standardisation Course
Uncorrected refractive error is the leading cause of visual impairment which can be avoided by a simple refraction and appropriate spectacles. This course is designed as an interactive course to refresh optometrists’ skills and knowledge in conducting refractions and prescribing spectacles to standard refractive cases within their clinics.
* To be eligible for promotional group pricing, the participants need to be participating in the same course and be invoiced jointly.
* For promotional group fees, please contact us.
The Refraction Standardisation Course aims for learners to develop the ability to conduct a refraction and prescribe spectacles for standard refractive cases, referring for complex cases
The duration of this program is three months but the participants have the option to register for the whole course or customise the program and join the individual units during the course is running. This option allows the participant to choose which units to include in the course.
Units of the refraction course include
1. Visual Acuity
3. Best Vision Sphere and cylindrical Refraction
4. +1 Test, Accommodation control and Binocular Balance
5. Near Refraction for Presbyopia
6. Prescribing Spectacles (including for presbyopia and astigmatism)
For the detailed agenda of the course, click here.
On successful completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Perform an accurate and efficient refraction on standard adult patients in their clinic
2. Prescribe appropriate spectacles to their patients
3. Refer complex cases for eye health care
For Pre-registration click here
Eye care professional training is a valuable retention tool and a promising reward to eye care industry practice - Dr.Nezar Damati